There’s no need to shell out $ 10,000 for home upgrades. Plenty of small do-it-yourself (DIY) projects will do just as well to raise the value of a house. These little DIY activities are especially handy when attempting to sell a property.
DIY Projects That Yield Amazing Results
DIY projects work wonders for a home. You could be doing it merely to spruce up the dwelling place or as part of plans to sell the house. With just a few bucks, the property’s value can easily get a boost big time. Consider the tips below.
* Ceiling fans – These are nice additions to practically any abode. They slash costs of air conditioning. Such additions drive down heating expenses as they circulate warm air, directing it away from the house ceiling. A typical fan is worth roughly $ 50 while something fancier costs about $ 150.
* Window treatments – Cheap paper shades, horizontal aluminum blinds and vertical plastic blinds add nothing to a home’s value. It makes more sense to replace them with wooden blinds, attractive drapes or plantation shutters as these make a more tasteful and striking statement.
* Crown molding – Although fairly simple, this gives the home plenty of character. Molding is basically decorative wood strips from home improvement stores. Purchase molding. The store or you can do the cutting – just be sure it ends up the right size for the room. Attach the piece to a wall’s top portion using a nail gun. The molding also comes in painted varieties. The latest craze is the pre-cut flexible crown molding, which can be installed in a matter of hours.
* Fixture updating – Curtain rods, doorknobs, switch plates, light fixtures and outlet covers start looking old after a while and tend to be overlooked. The good news is a few dollars will transform these lack-luster pieces into inspired creations. Outlet covers and metal switch plates appear expensive, but only cost under $ 5 each. Pretty curtain rods and light fixtures are slightly pricier, however, they are worth it.
* New front doors – A standard steel front door is priced approximately $ 100. For just an additional $ 100 or $ 200, you can have a door that is loaded with character and improves the overall appeal of the house. If a new door is not doable, repainting the old one with a nice color will work too.
In making upgrades to the house, contractors are not a huge necessity. It does not have to be hard nor expensive to pull it off. A lot of DIY projects are available that suit a variety of budgets as well as skill levels. All these can enhance the value of the home that you or future homebuyers are bound to appreciate.
For a resource to help you with those do-it-yourself project that may increase the value of your home or help you to better stage your home to sell visit our website at DIY Handyman Guide. Please visit our website for more information on buying and selling real estate or just investing in real estate at: Best Choice Realty Group.